Social Media & Marketing Intern
PMTI is the best massage school on the east coast, as well as the oldest non-profit massage school in the country. Our school has created an environment where people of all walks of life can come together for their love of health, wellness, and massage. We serve the Washington DC community by providing low-cost student/graduate massage in our clinic, as well as the numerous partnerships providing free massage to the infirm, veterans, refugees, homeless, and more.
PMTI's students are given the tools to have a lifelong career in massage and bodywork. Our grads get contracted with professional sports teams, physicians, wellness clinics, international retreats, corporations, and much more. Many have gone on to manage, own, and consult for wellness clinics, continuing education, spas, etc.
Position: Social Media/Marketing Intern
Description: To assist the Marketing Director with the website and social media posting. Create and schedule postings for school announcements, offers, workshops, etc. Assist with outreach events, such as health & fitness fairs. Some duties may be performed remotely.
Training: By working closely with Marketing Director, the internship will include:
- How to develop social media campaigns.
- Connecting with a broad audience.
- Build an online presence nationally and locally.
- Networking with local and international massage and health practitioners/educators.
- Marketing for wellness-minded audiences.
- Fundraising campaigns for non-profits & schools.
- Gaining knowledge of massage modalities, energy healing, self-care practices, holistic medicine and cutting edge approaches to health.
No marketing experience required, however a strong knowledge of social media and computers is a must. This is a great opportunity for anyone in a holistic field looking to get into management or student/grad who is looking to get some real-world experience marketing for a non-profit and/or school.This position is unpaid, however free massages at PMTI's student clinic are occasionally available to staff :-)
Please send your availability & resume to Marketing@pmti.org.