IDA is a federally-funded research and development center that produces objective, high-impact analyses or the Department of Defense (DoD). IDA prides itself on the quality and timeliness of these analyses, and its multi-disciplinary problem-solving approach. This position will provide support to the Corporate HR Business Partner team through collaboration on all talent acquisition projects. They will facilitate a variety of recruitment initiatives including university recruiting/ association recruitment/diversity and veteran recruitment. They will ensure data accuracy within the HRIS and ATS systems and facilitate onboarding of new hires. They will also provide staffing-related support for all IDA locations and other functions within the HR Directorate.
The primary responsibilities of the Recruiting Coordinator will include:
- Schedules candidates all stages of the recruitment process including phone screens/in-person interviews, including arranging or coordinating travel for candidates. Acts as a point of contact for candidates throughout the recruitment process; assists in offer preparation process. Processes new hires timely, ensuring data is correct, pushing out details regarding hire and orientation. Tracks recruitment, open positions, recruitment sources as well as internal and external postings to ensure they are timely created; may answer questions from applicants regarding open positions.
- External Contact
- Serves as alternate point of contact for employment candidates, placement offices, employment agencies, advertising sources; provides scheduling and logistical support for conference or association meetings or presentations.
- Assists with posting open positions and maintaining data of recruitment sources. Maintains accurate ATS and HRIS data. Assists with the relocation process, answering or directing questions for new hires. Coordinates recruiting trips, recruitment material, schedules applicant interview trips, handles expense reports for Employment team and assists new hires with relocation expense reports. Maintains the employment unit's files and records.
- General Administration
- Supports the Manager of Employment/HR Business Partnerships, HR Business Partners and other HR staff with routine activities and special projects. Works with temp agency to assist in obtaining temp staff replacements as well as coordinating the HR Floater Pool assignments.
- Proactively develops and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues both in the HR Directorate and among our client base as well as candidates/new hires and external vendors, suppliers, college/university staff, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree coupled with at least 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated aptitude for routine mathematical and statistical applications; prior use of an applicant tracking and/or HRIS system is highly desired.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.