Senior Volunteer Affairs Associate (852-679)
This position is responsible for the administration of information associated with USP’s volunteer experts and supports USPs activities, relationships, and communication with its volunteers. Key responsibilities include volunteer onboarding, tracking, database management, and assurance of adherence to USP policies and procedures. This role is visible, requires working with external stakeholders, and is critical in enabling the appropriate support for USP’s volunteers and standards-setting activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains all data and records associated with USP’s expert volunteer membership through communication with volunteers and paper/electronic record-keeping.
- Responsible for the critical maintenance and filing of Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality documentation.
- Conducts training and orientation sessions for volunteers and staff, including scheduling, program delivery, and program improvement.
- Manages Calls for Candidates and assists with recruiting of expert volunteers.
- Coordinates volunteer elections that occur throughout the course of each cycle.
- Drafts and sends volunteer communications and correspondences, and assists with publication of regular member newsletters.
- Supports activities related to awards program, volunteer hours reporting, and planning of networking events.
- Supports preparations and activities associated with quinquennial cycle transition
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Four years of related administrative or project management experience can be substituted for degree.
Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience working with volunteers, experts, or in the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience managing or coordinating groups of volunteers or experts preferred.
- Knowledge of global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries and related trade associations
- Knowledge of project planning and project management, with demonstrated initiative and successful management of multiple projects
- Knowledge of web-based meeting platforms and software (i.e., Webex or others)
- Excellent facilitation, conflict resolution, and team building skills in the management of cross-functional teams
- Superior interpersonal skills: professionalism, accountability, helpfulness, delegation, and customer service
- Comfortable working with internal and external professionals
- Advanced computer competence (MS Office programs, MS Project or similar, e-mail, and workflow systems)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Ability to recognize and escalate issues potentially requiring upper management awareness and input.
- Ability to facilitate group interactions through interpersonal and tool-based skills to achieve project goals.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular