Accountant (Temporary Position)
7 days left
- Full Time
POSITION NUMBER: FIN-ACCT-2017-001
JOB TITLE: Accountant (Temporary Position)
SALARY: Grade (9); Full-time; Exempt
Up to $70,000 (Commensurate w/experience)
TEAM: Finance and Operations
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
- Prepare bank reconciliations reports and reconcile account receivables on an on-going basis
- Examine external financial documents (bank statements, merchant statements, investment statements, etc.) for unusual or fraudulent transactions. Investigate if such transactions have occurred and make recommendations
- Prepare and maintain fixed asset schedule and oversee monthly depreciation entry
- Maintain current and accurate listing of assets, prepare and submit annual City of Alexandria Personal Property Tax Return
- Assist Grant Team in ascertaining federal grant compliance with OMB Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200
- Review and ensure the accuracy of Great Plains.
- Assist with audit related and special projects as necessary.
- Conduct research, gather data, and provide reports as required for the Director of Finance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required. CPA license preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting with relevant experience in a non-profit or public accounting environment
- Experience with financial administration of federal grants, to include a working knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200 preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise judgement, and make independent decisions is essential
- Must possess excellent computer skills working with spreadsheets and databases using MS Office products
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Great Plains experience a plus.
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND SALARY HISTORY. NOTE: ALL DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED AS ONE DOCUMENT.
ALL COVER LETTERS MUST CONTAIN THE NAME OF THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FOR AS WELL AS THE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED WITHOUT ALL THE REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL NOT BE FORWARDED FOR REVIEW.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 29, 2017.