Exchange Visitor Program Associate
The American Immigration Council is a non-profit organization established to increase public understanding of immigration law and policy, advocate for the just and fair administration of our immigration laws, protect the legal rights of non-citizens, and educate the public about the enduring contributions of America’s immigrants.
Integral to fulfilling the daily work activities to facilitate a successful exchange visitor program in the intern/trainee category; the Exchange Visitor Program Associate is responsible for vetting and approving sponsorship applications to ensure exchange visitors and host organizations comply with the State Department regulations and the Council’s internal policies. The Exchange Visitor Program Associate serves as a support resource to exchange visitors and their active hosts (and/or legal representation) while participating in the American Immigration Council Exchange Visitor Program.
Our expectations for this position include but are not limited to:
- Serves as an Alternative Responsible Officer in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) for the Council’s J-1 Trainee and intern programs.
- Assesses and finalizes defensible decisions on the Council’s sponsorship applications via a web-based portal, within framework of J program and internal policies.
- Conduct one-on-one Skype interviews with potential exchange visitors.
- Maintain communications with host companies, attorneys and the Council’s ambassadors’ in general.
- Manage program evaluation process by securing regulatory compliance and collecting program evaluations.
- Represent J-1 visa issues to businesses and Chambers of Commerce, Congress, immigration lawyers and the greater exchange and education communities.
Undergraduate degree with at least 2 years’ experience in international exchange or international education fields, with knowledge of program evaluation techniques. U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Residence required by Federal regulations for DSO/ARO certification. Knowledge of J-1 Visa regulations and credential evaluation is required.
Experience using CRM software including preparing and maintaining reports, Salesforce experience a plus. Excellent written, oral communication and networking skills. Bilingual skills are a plus and patience when dealing with speakers restricted to conversation English. Position requires the ability to prioritize, problem-solve, maintain confidentiality and multi-task in a high-volume workplace.
We encourage qualified applicants to submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement please state in the subject line: EVP Associate. Cover letter will be used as a writing sample and should include a response to the following: Why do you want to work for the American Immigration Council? How can you contribute to the work and overall mission of the American Immigration Council?
Direct Hire ONLY. No calls, please.
The American Immigration Council is an equal opportunity employer regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, sex, gender expression or identity, or sexual orientation.
Apply for Exchange Visitor Program Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly