Manager/Director of Accounting
The Director of Accounting is responsible for accounts payable activities, including issuance of payments and allocation of charges. Perform general ledger reconciliations along with IMIS reconciliations. You will be responsible for providing administrative support to CFO.
- Your efforts contribute to meeting company-wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals by producing accurate financial information, thorough analysis of that information and effective management of accounts payable. As Director of Accounting, you play a key role in meeting the organization's profitability and member satisfaction goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our members.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that we may continue to provide excellent service to our members and ensure job security and growth for our staff.
- Maintain a positive association attitude.
You are responsible for supporting the organization's vision and mission. Because you are in contact with current and prospective members, customers and vendors, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our association prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The primary responsibility of the Accounting Director is to perform the accounts payable activities, oversee cash receipts processing and oversee certification processing. These are specific areas that must be addressed in meeting that responsibility:
- General and Administrative
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the association’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Communicate and work effectively with CFO, program directors and staff, informing, updating and verifying accounts to provide factual information.
- Communicate with CFO on excess- or under-funding of cash and requests not consistent with accounting procedures.
- Assist staff with understanding of general ledger and payables process.
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements.
Operational and Financial Responsibilities
- Review, correct and verify all documents for data entry.
- Prepare all checks, obtaining approval and proper signatures.
- Reconcile vendor accounts as needed, process timely payment of vendor invoices, and resolve vendor disputes.
- Maintain schedules and reconcile accounts for balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required.
- Generate past due notices/emails for past due greater than 90 days for orders & certifications.
- Validate 1099 forms and file with IRS.
- Run monthly IMIS integration and reports.
- Create and maintain IMIS IQA reports.
- Oversee office equipment maintenance.
- Complete audit work papers and work with auditors for completion of audit.
- Oversee systems certifications and update website for new systems certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and/or four years successful work experience in the accounting field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate. Prefer Microsoft Dynamics GP and IMIS experience.
- Knowledgeable of accounting procedures and systems.
- Meet or exceed test requirements as established by the association.
- Appearance at all times must represent the association image.
- Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
Additional Duties: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
Apply for Manager/Director of Accounting
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly