Summer Camp Nurse
Have you ever wished to work close to your child every day? Are you looking for a summer day camp for your child? What if you could work at the same camp your child attends? If you are a nurse certified in the District of Columbia and are looking for a summer day camp experience for your child, we can help. We are a Georgetown-based summer camp seeking a nurse who can join our staff and assist us for 6 weeks this summer. If you join our team, your child can attend camp while you work at a reduced fee.
Washington International School’s Passport to Summer camp is a unique summer experience that opens minds to an international and multicultural perspective. Passport to Summer is a program that opens windows to the world through a wide range of activities ranging from immersion or intensive language programs to early childhood explorer camps and specialty workshops with an international twist.
June 26, 2017 – August 4, 2017; orientation scheduled for June 22 + 23
Monday: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Primary health care provider for day campers
- Oversee all chronic and/or acute medical issues and emergencies
- Advise Director of Auxiliary Programs on all health matters
- Communicate with campers, staff and families on daily basis
- Maintain all documentation relating to health occurrences
- Manage all medical supplies
- Dispense medication
- Current RN licensure in DC, or eligible for reciprocity
- Current certifications in Adult and Child CPR, First Aid, and AED
- Minimum 3 years Nursing experience: School Nursing or Pediatrics preferred
- Strong communication skills
- BSN preferred
For more information about the program and the school, please see our website: http://www.wis.edu.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, copy of current RN licensure and list of three professional references to: HRNurse@wis.edu.