Accounts Payable Specialist
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Controller, this position is responsible for overseeing all accounts payable operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes accounts payable invoices (obtaining proper approval, entering invoices into accounting system, scanning/saving invoices in proper location).
- Enters Subcontractor/vendor invoices into Sage 300.
- Provides reports for PM distributions prior to check runs.
- Processes bi-monthly check runs and verifies cash available on projects.
- Updates and maintains current certificate of insurance on subcontracts.
- Processes payment of monthly expense reports.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Communicates with the subcontractor/vendors regarding open issues and/or payments.
- Scans checks, waivers, contracts and/or change orders for subcontracts in PVault.
- Researches open invoices/statements.
- Communicates and coordinates accounting policies, practices, and procedures with executives, vendors, and employees.
- Processes monthly Home Depot invoices and resolves discrepancies.
- Processes certificates of insurance for projects.
- Negotiates discount pricing with subs/vendors.
Relentlessly Proactive Competencies
At Bognet, our business strategy is to be the most proactive General Contractor in the Washington metropolitan area. Therefore, we hold every employee to the standard of being “Relentlessly Proactive,” and we expect this behavior to permeate every activity.
The BOGNET Way
Build Long Term Relationships
- Subcontractor and Vendor Relationships
- Proactively develops relationships with the subcontractor community.
- Returns phone calls as if the subcontractors/vendors are clients.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Operate as One Team
- Builds strong win-win relationships with other departments within Bognet, including marketing, business development, pre-construction, project managers and superintendents. Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
Go the Extra Mile
- Ensures that the job processes are followed in accordance with policy.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Never Stop Improving
- Initiates suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
- Researches and maintains technological excellence.
Engineer Win-Win Solutions
- Identifies, documents and plans to avoid risk.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Completes all activities with a pride of ownership “as if it was your name on the door.”
- Ensures company contractual standards are being met prior to performing work.
- Demonstrates adherence to and performance in keeping with the goals of Bognet’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and Affirmative Action obligations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should also demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills. Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Must be self-motivated & punctual.
- Multitasking Skills: Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
Minimum Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must have good command of the English language, oral and written. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company.
- Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate basic math: figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Sage 300 (formerly Timberline), PVault; and must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required to sit for long periods of time. Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply for Accounts Payable Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly