Williams & Connolly LLP has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant supports the Firm’s Managing Partner and another Senior Litigation Partner. The primary responsibilities are to provide administrative and legal support and include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Managing Partner with the day-to-day management of the law firm;
- Assist the Partners with day-to-day tasks including handling phone calls, setting appointments, maintaining calendars, and coordinating meetings and events;
- Attend meetings with the Partners, create agendas, take notes, and handle follow-up items;
- Establish and maintain files and file indices, both electronically and in hard copy, related to firm administration and client materials;
- Book travel arrangements, print itineraries, maps and other travel-related documents;
- Prepare and proofread legal documents and correspondence;
- Process time entries, expense reports, and new matters;
- Review and edit pro formas and prepare billing for client matters;
- Assist with Firm-related projects including preparing documents and spreadsheets, conducting research, and assisting in the creation of presentations;
- Anticipate the needs and wants in daily operations and prepare accordingly;
- Handle confidential information and materials while maintaining the utmost discretion;
- Organize materials, create indices, and box items for offsite storage.
The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative skills, sound judgment, be scrupulously organized, have an excellent telephone manner, the ability to prioritize competing demands and work well under pressure. Must be detail and results-oriented with the ability to work independently, completing tasks in a professional manner. Must have the ability to multi-task, work well with people at all levels within and outside of the firm, and demonstrate initiative, with appropriate but minimal direction. Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- A minimum of 3 years of executive assistant or legal secretarial experience required;
- The ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm;
- Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required; knowledge of Elite and iManage a plus;
- The ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
Hours are 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. with overtime as needed.