Sr Help Desk Technician - TS/SCI - Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
7 days left
- Full Time
Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software. 1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems. 2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software. 3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support. 4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions. 5. Provides troubleshooting and support. 6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems. 7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users. 8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians. 9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned 10. Participates in special projects as required.Contract Requires:
- Follow all approved customer policies, processes and procedures.
- Follow the written and verbal instructions provided by the CFP Crew Commander, CFP Branch Chief and/or Principal Technical Advisor (PTA).
- Coordinate corrective action required by outside/parent agencies as required.
- Responsible for monitoring, opening, assigning, updating and closing tickets on up to 4 separate ticketing systems.
- Troubleshoot assigned tickets using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Provide administrative support as required such as granting/revoking network access and file permissions; performing file/directory restorations; installation of desktop software; VoIP pin resets.
- Provide administrative support to user account creation and maintenance to include resetting account passwords and unlocking accounts.
- Provide desktop support at the customer’s location as required; desktop support includes Windows and Red Hat Linux workstations and mobile computing (i.e. laptops and tablets).
- Provide 24-hour network and environmental monitoring and appropriate alarm reporting utilizing customer-provided tools/capabilities.
- Use the customer-provided network monitoring tool (E.g. Solarwinds) to monitor and support various networks and system assets.
- Perform system reboots in the data center as required following documented reboot procedures.
- Interact with other team members and back office (Level II) personnel to determine corrective action.
- Replace workstations with like systems and reload all applicable user applications
- Coordinate with other duty sections such as hardware technicians and software administrators when additional Level II2 or Level III3 support is required.
- Utilize customer-provided environmental monitoring system (E.g. Site Scan) to discover and report environmental systems problems.
- Follow the customer documented procedures to notify personnel of facility alarms to dispatch maintenance individuals.
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures for backup and restoration.
- Physically or remotely log into the system and execute prepackaged Microsoft Installers (MSIs) or follow prescribed flowcharts/checklists.
- Provide Trusted Agent (TA) PKI support as requested.
- Provide daily network status reports.
- Update the HR/Personnel Database system daily.
- Assist Air Force Network (AFNET) Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) with resolution of Remedy trouble tickets.
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification.Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively while recognizing customers’ competence levels and approaching each level appropriately.Able to utilize standard Active Directory and UNIX based commands.