3 days left
- Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION: Model Makers study blueprints, imagery, and other intelligence sources to layout, fabricate, assemble, and finish scale models. They use computer aided design (CAD) software to create models of equipment, facilities, and compounds. They fabricate, assemble, and paint models using a variety of tools and machinery (e.g., woodworking, metalworking, 3-D printing, CNC milling, airbrushing, paint spraying).
MANDATORY QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education (if required). Online resumes must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement's mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
1. Demonstrated experience or the ability to learn how to use drawings, blue prints, and schematics to build physical models. Additional ability to hand render drawings, painting, and sketching to 3D physical models using a wide variety of artistic tools (i.e.: airbrush, paint brushes, stencils, etc.);
2. Demonstrated experience using 2D design software, such as Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw;
3. Familiarity with or demonstrated experience in using polyurethane foam, sculpting putty, wood, and plaster to sculpt, carve, form, and shape by using hand fabrication techniques to gain desired results;
4. Ability to use table saws, miter saws, routers, sanders, and band saws to cut, modify, or manipulate materials for models or other related projects;
5. Demonstrated experience applying creative and analytic thinking to implement design ideas that communicate effectively through a scaled 3D physical model;
6. Demonstrated ability to use brass, wood, and variety of plastic materials to hand fabricate components to be incorporated into finished models.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
1. Demonstrated experience in advanced airbrushing and painting techniques;
2. Demonstrated experience using 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) software; which includes AutoCAD, Inventor, Rhino, or Solid Works to create scaled 3D models;
3. Demonstrated experience in using a laser engraving machine;
4. Demonstrated experience in using a Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) mill;
5. Demonstrated experience in using a soldering iron to fasten and craft parts;
6. Demonstrated experience briefing customers and other employees;
7. Demonstrated experience in using ARCGIS and Remote view to exploit imagery and ability to work on foundation maps;
8. Demonstrated experience in reviewing stereo imagery.
- Direct Deposit Required
- Two Year Probationary Period
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Position Subject to Drug Testing
- Security Clearance Required
- Top Secret
- Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Polygraph Test Required
You must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. In addition, you are subject to a Counterintelligence Polygraph examination in order to maintain access to Top Secret information. All employees are subject to a periodic examination on a random basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Refusal to take the examination may result in denial of access to Top Secret information, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.
Employees with SCI access and who are under NGA cognizance are required to submit a Security Financial Disclosure Report, SF-714, on an annual basis in order to determine continued eligibility. Failure to comply may negatively impact continued access to Top Secret information, Information Systems, SAP, and/or unescorted access to SCIFs.