India, Pakistan, and South Asia Volunteer Internship
6 days left
- Full Time
CFR's volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The Council has a volunteer internship available in the Studies Department. The intern will report to the senior fellow for India, Pakistan and South Asia Department and will have the opportunity to engage in interdisciplinary projects focusing on subnational diplomacy.
The volunteer duties of the intern include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the work of the senior fellow for topics pertaining to India, Pakistan, and South Asia
- Building, managing, and manipulating quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Other research and logistical support as needed
- Attending general Council meetings and other programs on foreign policy issues, as time permits
- Undergraduate student with background in economics, politics and/or international relations
- Demonstrated research, writing, and editing ability
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid and are filled on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].