Human Resources Associate, S13120
Human Resources Associate
$21.55 - $29.16 per hour
Online applications must be received by March 21, 2017.
Montgomery College, Rockville, has need for a full-time, Human Resources Associate,
S13120 in the Office of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management (HRSTM). The normal work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm.
The Human Resources Associate serves to ensure the accurate processing of part-time faculty, full-time faculty, and Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WDCE) instructor employment transactions - from end to end. Position is the functional lead with the document imaging system, FLAC (faculty load and compensation) and EPAF (electronic personnel action form) within Banner.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the end to end processing of all faculty status changes.
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate the faculty processing schedule/deadlines to academic community to ensure faculty processing follows the payroll schedule.
- Create and distribute communication related to FLAC and EPAF processing.
- Review, analyze, and approve entries in FLAC and EPAF for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact originator of FLAC or EPAF when data is incomplete or in error.
- Update EPAF process/procedures, design, and create new EPAF workflow as needed.
- Maintain and update FLAC rule tables, rates, and dates each semester.
- Problem-solve end user functional issues with FLAC and EPAF.
- Audit and analyze data in FLAC from academic departments before approving and loading data into Banner.
- Create, maintain and update security levels for all employees who need access to FLAC and EPAF within Banner, document imaging, and talent management system (recruiting module).
- Review new releases of modules and upgrades of FLAC and EPAF in Banner.
- Calculate, determine, and process salary adjustment based on degree attainment.
- Prepare Deferred Pay Program memo and acknowledgement and process at the beginning of each academic year.
- Ensure the integrity of employee data in the system.
- Run a variety of audit reports to ensure accuracy of data processed.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws, I-9 regulations, college policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Review Form I-9 for completeness and accuracy.
- Train end users to navigate FLAC, EPAF and document imaging system.
- Process sub-pays
- Determine, calculate, notify and process Overload for full-time faculty each spring semester.
- Ensure all employment status change transactions are processed by HRSTM and payroll deadline dates.
- Determine, calculate, and process summer sick leave balance accrual for counseling faculty at the end of the summer.
- Manage Full-Time Faculty Appointments.
- Audit and approve EPAF's for all faculty personnel changes (PTF payments each semester, FTF summer payments, FTF overload, PTF sub payments, etc.).
- Maintain, run, and analyze audit reports for system data accuracy.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Substantial administrative or clerical experience in the program area(s) of assignment.
- Three years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Human Resources functions, laws, requirements, practices, procedures, terminology, and processes to support or provide services in the assigned program area(s).
- Skills in: effective communication to prepare business correspondence, manuals, guides, and other materials, and to exchange routine and non-routine information with internal and external customers, paying careful attention to detail to ensure understanding; problem solving to define problems, collect and analyze relevant information, select and apply policies and procedures, develop recommendations for action, make decisions, etc.; performs basic mathematical calculations; utilizes computer software and applications.
- Ability to accurately manage time and attend to details which are critical to this position.
- Ability to understand College Policies and Procedures, collective bargaining agreements, and state and federal Laws.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Computer Science and or Web technologies, Business Administration/Management, or closely related field.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, IPMA -CP or other similar certifications.
- Experience with system navigation training to end users either one-on-one or in a group setting; or presenting information either one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Familiarity and experience with using report writers to run a variety of reports.
- Familiarity with collective bargaining agreements.
- Experience in a unionized environment.
- Familiarity with the Workday ERP.
- Online applications must be received by March 21, 2017.
- To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
at least two weeks
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.