Reporting to and in partnership with the President of CropLife Foundation, the Development Manager will spearhead development efforts as the CropLife Foundation continues to grow. The person is also responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals. This includes compiling, writing and editing grant applications, as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, administer and monitor fundraising programs and activities.
- Identify funding sources and opportunities.
- Prepare cost-benefit analysis on CropLife Foundation’s fundraising expenditures versus short- and long-term results.
- Plan, budget and develop effective growth strategies
- Set and meet annual fundraising objectives, evaluating results and developing corrective strategies as needed.
- Research donor prospects and prepare strategy plans for engagement and solicitation.
- Assist with the recruitment of community leaders for foundation activities or board member positions
- Schedule and conduct solicitation meetings with current donors and donor prospects.
- Maintain major donor records and major gift prospect lists
- Draft follow-up reports and other materials for internal record keeping
- Draft proposals, letters, grant reports and other materials
- Prepare grant applications
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Proven track record of raising significant dollars for a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated competence in planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a professional manner with senior executives.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents such as major donors, foundations and corporations.
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years work-related management experience in the nonprofit sector (Foundation experience preferred) with an emphasis on fundraising and experience working with Boards of Directors and high level volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, tight deadlines and workload.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Travel required for this position is minimal to moderate.
- Must be available to attend evening events on occasion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Apply for Development Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly