VP Business Development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership and management for proposal teams, including ORAU and teaming partners, for major proposals of strategic importance to ORAU. Manage the work of the proposal team to compile cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with requests for proposal (RFP) specifications. Lead meetings and work processes.
- Provide overall leadership and management of market research and analysis, positioning, and capture management projects. Lead/facilitate opportunity-specific strategy formulation and implementation regarding new business opportunities. Manage long-term project teams made up of personnel from various ORAU units and other companies. Interface with government officials prior to release of RFP and representatives from potential teaming partners as needed to position ORAU to win contracts.
- Manage the work of proposal managers, capture managers, marketing staff, and staff in the planning and production of business development improvement projects. Provide overall guidance and set standards for work products and business outcomes. Manage ORAU B&P budget of about $300 - $400K per year and departmental budget of over $1M annually.
- Formulate plans and policies regarding company standards and procedures for business development operations. Lead company-wide projects to design and document new ORAU competition/proposal systems, including developing procedures, conducting training, and serving as mentor and advisor to senior staff. Serve as the company’s primary resource on business development efforts.
- Work directly with the ORAU President and senior leadership team in developing corporate strategies for capturing new business. Conduct research and analysis of SWOT and marketing to determine path forward. Oversee the implementation of approved hybrid path forward approach to business development, including centralized proposal management, centralized/decentralized capture management, and centralized/decentralized marketing. This may include making key hires in marketing to position ORAU to penetrate new or key market segments.
Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communications, Business, Marketing or related discipline. Must have a minimum of ten (10) years job related experience required. Must have demonstrated experience in the management of multiple large-scale business opportunities (marketing, positioning, capture, proposal) to the federal government. Must have experience in developing technical and pricing strategies that help the corporation retain current and win new major, high-value contracts.
Must have demonstrated experience in all of the following:
- Department or functional management
- Multiple proposal management of strategic importance and scale
- Management of business development operations
- Capture management
- Financial management
- Pricing strategy
- Technical solution strategy
- Competitive intelligence