Hunting Policy - Lobbyist
The Hunting Policy Liaison is responsible for assisting the Manager of Hunting Policy to direct, coordinate and implement NRA – ILA’s lobbying efforts at the federal and state levels with regard to hunting-related issues. The Liaison will work with federal and state liaisons to help ensure they successfully lobby for enhanced hunter opportunity provided in federal code, state statute and regulation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
lobbying government officials; preparing letters, fact sheets and other documents used by federal and state liaisons; performing research to determine what statutory and regulatory changes are needed to benefit hunters; responding to NRA members who have corresponded with NRA-ILA regarding hunting policy matters; coordinating with representatives of other pro-hunting interest groups in order to advance mutual initiatives; monitoring activities of anti-hunting organizations; and speaking to various groups to convey NRA-ILA involvement in the effort to preserve and enhance human rights.
- Assist in the development of NRA-ILA’s hunting-related legislative agenda
- Review proposed federal and state legislation and proposed regulations for impact on hunters Develop position statements on proposed legislation and regulations
- Cultivate strong working relationships with federal agency and state game department officials
- Represent NRA-ILA at conferences and meetings
- Monitor hunter access issues and wildlife/habitat management efforts and develop a strategy to enhance access and management
- Work with the Publications Division, Hunter Services Division, ILA’s Conservation, Wildlife and Natural Resources Division and other NRA divisions in order to ensure a coordinated policy message
- Assist in conveying NRA-ILA’s efforts related to hunting rights to NRA members and general public
- Maintain the NRA-ILA webpage pertaining to hunting issues Monitor game department regulatory action for its impact on hunting
- Assist in the effort to build a coalition of interested groups to educate the public regarding the true agenda of animal “rights” groups
Education & Experience: College degree, with post-graduate study a plus; experience lobbying in state legislatures and/or Congress; sound knowledge of NRA and NRA-ILA, its positions and policies; strong organizational, research and written and oral communication skills; extensive experience with firearms and hunting.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.
Apply for Hunting Policy - Lobbyist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly