Security Guard - in-house employee
SUMMARY: Assist in providing security needs for the NRA.
- Handle, within departmental guidelines, various security related employee interface activities to include, but not be limited to: employee badging, employee key requirements, physical tour of NRA Headquarters, fire drill procedures, security issues and regulations procedures.
- Supervise and train, within department guidelines, contract security guards for contract compliance.
- Provide Executive Security as directed and coordinate/monitor security for Annual Members Meeting and all Board of Director meetings, within departmental guidelines.
- Acts daily, within departmental guidelines, as front desk Security Officer in NRA Headquarters North Tower. Greets NRA members, guests, building tenants, and the general public; badges visitors; and answers routine questions or forwards questions to appropriate NRA staff member for response.
- Drafts weekly correspondence and security reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist Director with the overseeing of security issues for NRA Headquarters.
- Assist, as directed, with the appropriate operation of card access systems, closed circuit television, and intrusion and environmental alarms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High visibility and coordination with all NRA divisions, senior management, general public, building tenants, NRA Board of Directors, NRA members and outside vendors. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with frequent interruptions and minimal direct supervision. Overtime and weekend work required. Occasional local and national travel required. Position requires ability to perform rapid motion movements [i.e., running and lifting] and immediate response to emergency situations, as well as the ability to climb stairs quickly. Appropriate work attire required [suit and tie for male security staff and business attire for female security staff].
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma required. Associates degree [A.A.] or equivalent from two-year College or business school preferred. Two to three years of experience in a law enforcement field preferred. DCJS certified (security and handgun) preferred. Large-scale venue management preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Certified to perform CPR and AED usage required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of individuals, both within and outside of the NRA essential. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines essential. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required, with willingness to learn other software packages essential. Ability to project calm composure in difficult and swiftly changing situations essential. Proven ability to quickly access an emergency situation and take appropriate actions to a quick solution required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.