Responsible for reconciling financial reports of Friends of NRA committees including event and program cost analysis. Work closely with Financial Services and The NRA Foundation to ensure proper disposition of funds and adherence to internal policy and procedures and IRS regulations. Responsible for ensuring proper monthly and yearly reconciliations and journal entries are completed within set guidelines. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
1. Develop, implement and track financial policies and procedures to ensure committee volunteers and Field Representatives secure and forward Friends of NRA funds in a timely manner. Inform Director of Volunteer Fundraising of any issues relating to events.
2. Direct the internal transfer of income and expenses from Friends of NRA events to The NRA Foundation and vice versa in an accurate and timely manner. Generate spreadsheets, financial reports and accurate journal entries to properly transfer income/expenses to appropriate cost centers and accounts during the close of each month.
3. Function as budget coordinator for department. Review all cost center accounts for adherence to established budgets, notifying Director of Volunteer Fundraising and other pertinent employees of issues in a timely manner.
4. Complete Year-end Merchandise Reconciliation and physical inventory for The NRA Foundation, submitting account variances and support in an accurate and timely manner.
6. Manage and oversee responsibilities of financial staff, ensuring financial staff accurately complete job responsibilities and additional tasks within division guidelines. Provide proper training and leadership to coordinators, revising job descriptions when necessary.
7. Generate income and expense statements and other event financial reports for the Friends of NRA program as necessary, including special events, merchandise and year end reports in an accurate and timely manner. Fulfill additional requests from Director of Volunteer Fundraising, The NRA Foundation and Auditors in a timely manner.
8. Work with other Friends of NRA managers to ensure the Friends of NRA database performance and reporting standards stay in line with growth goals by assisting with analysis of overall system suggesting alterations and adjustments as needed.
9. Develop ongoing reporting system for tracking regional and national performance of Friends of NRA events and communicate results to staff on a weekly basis or as requested.
10. Manage invoice processing for all Friends of NRA merchandise. Ensure invoices, orders and filing to each event meets department policies and guidelines in an accurate and timely manner.
11. Work with Information Technology department in securing, maintaining and troubleshooting point of sale equipment for all Field Staff and NRA Foundation national events.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Visibility with NRA Staff, Friends of NRA volunteers, vendors and the general public. Requires work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision. Occasional national travel required. Weekend work and additional hours are necessary with busy season or travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required. Fiscal, auditing and administrative experience, general accounting, cost analysis and reconciliation, electronic funds transfer, budgeting and relevant computer skills necessary. Previous supervisory experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Strong analytical skills combined with excellent oral and written communications required. Self-starter, motivated with ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Accuracy and attention to detail imperative. Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize many projects during peak periods essential. Proven leadership and supervisory skills in a diverse staff environment essential. Experience with credit card providers and services required. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel required. Database and visual basic knowledge preferred.