Manager, Executive Services
Title: Manager, Executive Services
Reports To: Senior Vice President
Position Status: Exempt
Position Classification: Manager
Qualifications: At least three years’ experience in a trade association or similar environment working with volunteer leaders and senior association executives as an Executive Assistant. Ability to work closely with a wide variety of volunteer leaders, participate actively in Executive Staff, Officers and Executive Committee meetings, and interact with Local Association Executives and members, along with other BOMA staff. Experience required creating original communications via e-mail, and document creation, including correspondence, reports, meeting agendas and minutes, calendars, support materials, etc. Good listening skills with ability to understand trade association politics, handle confidential and sensitive information, and react independently with good judgment are needed.
Position Authority Represents the volunteer Officers, the President, the Senior Vice President, as assigned and as needed.
Position Objectives Provide primary administrative support for the Officers, the President and the Senior Vice President in their BOMA-related activities.
- Provides primary administrative support for the Officers, President, and the Senior Vice President in their BOMA-related activities, including schedule and travel coordination, correspondence, reports, and meeting support.
- Schedules appointments and maintains master travel calendar and travel schedule for Officers’ BOMA-related activities.
- Takes action authorized during Officers’ absence and uses initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to delegated authority.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Nominating Committee.
- Composes correspondence and reports. Prepares communication as directed by Officers, President, and Senior Vice President.
- Researches and abstracts information and supporting data in preparation for meetings, work projects and reports. Correlates and edits materials submitted by others. Organizes material which may be presented to Officers in draft format.
- Makes arrangements for and assists in coordination of meetings including officers, Executive Committee, Board of Governors and Nominating Committee and other groups as needed. Coordinates the distribution of meetings notice and agendas, along with backup material prior to all BOMA meetings. Prepares draft agendas as directed. Serves as recorder of minutes or notes with responsibility for transcription, distribution to participants and maintenance of permanent records.
- Provides administrative support for the Partnership Program, BOMA Fellows (including Leadership Academy), and National Advisory Council (NAC), under direction of the Senior Vice President, to include maintaining up-to-date rosters, check requests, invoice requests and dues billing, meeting support, and ongoing follow-up as needed.
- Maintains rosters for all committees supported by the Executive Office, to include Executive Committee, Nominating Committee, Fellows, Partners, Asset Management Committee, Industrial Committee, and others as assigned.
- Ensures that appropriate backup support is available to Officers, the President, and Senior Vice President during vacation or other absence from the office.
- Makes recommendation for purchase of supplies and equipment to enhance efficiency and control costs. Orders pins, plaques, certificates, flowers, gifts and other items for Officers, Former Officers, Executive Committee, NAC, Partners, Fellows, outgoing Officers, etc.
- Coordinates with the incoming Chair, President and SVP the selection of the new administration committee chairs and vice chairs.
- Collects and verifies names of the Local Association Governors prior to each meeting of the Board of Governors (BOG). Arranges for Parliamentarian and organizes BOG setup, materials distribution, and other support.
- Coordinates with regional conference representatives for BOMA International officer and staff attendance at each of the regional conferences.
- Prepares check requests and invoice requests for Officers and Executive Office, Partners, and NAC member dues, assigning proper G/L numbers.
- Drafts Executive Office and Governance annual budgets and monitors monthly financial reports.
- Drafts and prepares final Committee and Executive Committee thank you letters and certificates for outgoing Chair’s signature.
- Solicits input from Exec Staff and prepares draft agenda for all internal Exec Staff meetings for President’s review and distributes final agendas prior to meetings.
- Arranges conference calls for officers and other groups, as needed.
- Arranges thank you celebration for each departing Chair, including purchasing a gift from all staff.
- Purchases and prepares employment BOMA anniversary and birthday cards addressed to each employee for President’s signature and arranges a birthday lunch with the President for each employee’s birthday.
- Assists the President and Senior Vice President in the development of new projects and programs for the Boards, committees and staff.
- Provides meeting and other support for the annual Association CEO Summit hosted by the President.
- Manages BOMA’s ASAE membership and employees’ participation, as well as other miscellaneous memberships
- Performs other duties as assigned by President, Senior Vice President or as judgment or necessity dictates.
Officers, Executive Committee, Nominating Committee, BOMA Partners, BOMA Fellows, NAC, all staff (primarily President, Senior Vice President and Executive Staff), other governance bodies and committees, local associations, members, committee volunteers, independent contractors and consultants, and other industry association senior executives and their representatives.
To Apply: Please send Resume with Cover Letter indicating salary requirements no later than April 15, 2017 to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. BOMA is an equal opportunity employer.