SQL DBA Developer
The MIL Corporation seeks an SQL DBA/Developer to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent River, Maryland location. The SQL DBA/Developer will develop SQL applications and database capabilities/functionalities.
- Install applicable SQL databases onto the appropriate computer operating systems
- Create SQL databases and configure SQL databases (for a data warehousing application) using import utilities to install SQL databases
- Write code for update queries
- Update data dictionaries as new fields are added to the SQL database and maintain a data correction log
- Expand and update the data dictionary for the SQL database and any related applications
- Project long-range requirements for database administration
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a Scientific or Mathematics-intensive discipline; AA/AS and 3 years or HS/GED and 4 years of relevant experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience architecting, designing and overseeing the development or administration of computerized databases, e.g., installing the applicable databases onto the appropriate computer operating systems, creating databases, configuring databases (for a data warehousing application), using import utilities to install databases; writing code for update queries; updating data dictionaries as new fields are added to the database, and maintaining a data correction log; expanding and updating the data dictionary for the database and any related applications; projecting long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification
- Advanced Degrees considered a plus
All applicants for this position must possess and be able to maintain a Secret clearance with SSBI; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.