Bilingual Customer Service Representative
General Dynamics is currently looking for Bilingual Customer Service Agents to join our team in Alexandria, VA. The Bilingual Customer Service Representative position is focused on providing information to participants about their pension benefits. Bilingual Customer Service Representatives must have the ability to provide white-glove service leaving the beneficiary feeling that the level of service received exceeded their expectations while ensuring a smile is felt by the beneficiary during every interaction. As beneficiaries’ calls, the PBGC Customer Service Representative is expected to anticipate all the needs of the caller taking the time to explain the smallest of details. An agent must be energetic, organized, and have a passion for positively impacting a caller leaving them grateful for having the experience. To be successful in this mission an agent must have exemplary communication skills required to assist the various types of personas. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The following are essential responsibilities of this position and do not include marginal functions that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. The scope and duties of this position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs of the PBGC program. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- Must be able to communicate (orally and in writing) clearly and professionally in both English and Spanish.10% bilingual pay differentialInterpret and apply PBGC's policies and procedures relative to call handling and quality proceduresMaintain excellent and professional relationships with fellow employees while displaying friendliness and courtesy at all timesReceive and accurately post participant account updates; inquires and other related CRM actionsProvide assistance to other Customer Service Representative's in answering phones; opening mail; handling faxes; responding to emails and other related correspondencesDemonstrate a strong proficiency to address and resolve participant's requests and complaints as neededAssist participant with account setups; lockouts; portal inquires; pension payment inquires by phone; correspondence and/or over the internetWork with PBGC field representatives to maintain participant needsLearn and understand the PBGC's CRM systemMaintain a current understanding of the PBGC program processing procedures to respond to numerous PBGC inquiriesUtilize databases and written materials to look up and provide information to PBGC inquiriesMaintain appropriate documentation of PBGC inquiriesAdhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information releasedMaintain up-to-date knowledge of Federal regulations and policies as they apply to participantsReport problems that occur and assist with resolutionRegular and predictable attendance required
- High School diploma or GED required
- 5 years customer service experience and call center experience highly desirable.
- Minimum three years of experience in a contact center handling inquiries and requests for information
- Ability to gather information to determine customer needs
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient in computer and keyboarding skills to accurately and efficiently record and update customer information
- Must be able to communicate (orally and written) clearly and professionally
- Must be able to type a minimum of 20 WPM (30 wpm highly desirable).
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
- Proven ability to work as a team member is required
- Security Clearance Required