Sr Linux Cloud Engineer with TS/SCI Clearance
The client's New Campus East (NCE) Active IT Program was established to provide the infrastructure services required to build out and maintain the NCE facilities. The Linux Cloud Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise exploitation environment.
What our team should strive for:
* Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base
* Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
* Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
* Must be willing to document work and participate in NCE change procedures
* Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
* Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
* Experience with cloud management platforms such
* Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace
* Experience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStack
* Experience with Hadoop
* Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production environment
* Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
* Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
* Experience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
* Experience with hypervisors such as VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Architect, build, maintain Hadoop, and other cloud infrastructure
* Apply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
* Develop and direct the development of content for a complex and growing infrastructure. This includes use cases for Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, and Active Lists
* Provide guidance to security analyst and network engineering staff
* Working Closely with C&A Team to maintain Security requirements for Operation of IEC systems
* Support all aspects of NCE's Security Information and Event Management initiative.
* Supporting the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses.
* Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities for NCE systems
* Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
* Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
* Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations
* Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
* Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
* Working with software and hardware vendors
* On-call support may be required
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
* 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
* Solaris systems engineering experience
* Cloud platforms
* Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
* Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
* Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.