Director, Financial Counseling
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The incumbent is responsible for leading the daily accounting operations for the accounts payable division and promoting effective financial management and internal controls for the U.S. House of Representatives, Financial Counseling. Major duties include but are not limited to invoice processing, customer service and outreach, financial and management reporting, financial policy and accountability and workforce planning and development. Other duties include special projects as assigned. The position has day-to-day supervisory responsibilities.
- Not Required
Must be able to secure and maintain Federal Government security clearances as deemed appropriate by senior management.
• Candidates should possess Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 10 years specialized experience in an accounts payable, general accounting and/or auditing environment in the Federal Government and/or private sector.
• Master’s degree and Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Government Financial Manager certifications preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience is required.
• Must have broad knowledge of and experience with generally accepted accounting principles and standards and the U.S. Standard General Ledger. Ability to interpret laws and regulations governing the House and Federal financial accounting standards, principles and concepts.
• Extensive experience working with various automated financial systems and state of the art accounting software programs. Experience working with the PeopleSoft System preferred. Must possess working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced customer service environment.
• Collaborative working style with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, consultative and presentation skills required. Highly organized, detail oriented and strong problem solving skills required. Proven success serving as a source of expert information and managing multiple analytically challenging assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.