Fall 2017 Student Honors Legal Program - Washington, DC
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to volunteer alongside our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nation's securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
Do you want to perform challenging work in a professional environment? Begin by investing in your career and future at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The SEC is seeking bright, innovative, results-oriented individuals for its Fall 2017 Student Honors Legal Program in our Washington, DC Home Office. We offer law students robust responsibilities and experiences that enhance their legal careers. Over the course of the semester based program, students work with Commission staff on projects particular to the specific Division or Office to which they are assigned. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in seminars/workshops; roundtable discussions, a mentoring program, and tours that will provide detailed information and guidance on securities laws.
The Fall 2017 Student Honors Legal Program for law students will officially begin Monday, August 28, 2017 and conclude Friday, November 17, 2017.
- Not Required
Law students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited law school to participate in the Student Honors Legal Program. Law school graduates who are enrolled in a graduate legal program (i.e. LL.M.) or joint degree programs (i.e. JD/MBA, JD/MPP, etc.) at least half-time may also participate in the Student Honors Legal Program.
- Applicants MUST be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be enrolled in an accredited US law school program
- Must be enrolled at least half-time (8 credits or the equivalent)
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Relatives of current SEC employees are ineligible
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in you not being considered for this position.
2. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
3. Qualified applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and submit a complete application package are forwarded for consideration to the locations to which they have applied. Representatives from the locations may contact candidates directly for interviews.
4. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Invitations to participate in the program is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of invitation or selection to another opportunity.