Principal Monitoring Analyst - TS/SCI Req'd
7 days left
- Full Time
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
* Sets up administrator and service accounts.
* Maintains system documentation
* Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
* Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
* May program in an administrative language.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
The Enterprise Monitoring Team will monitor Services across the IT infrastructure.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills needed to create instructions, respond to inquiries, and relay instructions to others.
* Familiar with broad technical areas which might include: networking, servers/virtualization/storage, Linux/Unix, Windows, information security.
* Working knowledge of enterprise hardware, software, operating systems, and peripherals.
* General knowledge of business continuity dependencies and recovery procedures for operating systems and application backups and restores.
* General system maintenance and troubleshooting skills, including software and hardware; networking, installations, patches, scans, updates, backups, wiring, virus protection and error resolution.
* Must demonstrate flexibility and teamwork.
* Possess and demonstrates strong customer service skills; including conflict resolutions and customer interactive listening skills.
* Must be self-directed, detailed oriented, organized and have excellent follow-up skills.
* Ability to multi-task and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Knowledge of best practice security standards and techniques.
* Support incident/problem management resolution activities to include technical exchange meetings, after actions reports, major incident response, daily service incidents, and escalation to the problem management team.
* Support Quality Assurance analysis for incident management tickets and reports.
* ITIL Foundations v.3
* ITIL Service Operations Intermediate
* 8570 (Security+)
Must possess appropriate, current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) month of Hire Date.
Requires successful completion of poly.