NATO ITM NAF Architecture SME
7 days left
- Full Time
The purpose of this program is to transform the way IT services are provided to the customer by implementing a sustainable, efficient, and modern infrastructure. This team will Implement IaaS including IT infrastructure implementation and Integration, Application and data migration, Enterprise Service Management and Control tools and equipment to include establishment of Service Operations Centre(s), and implementation of client provisioning services including virtual desktops, client installations, and print/scan solutions. The work involves the buildout of three data centers and the modernization of 41 additional sites to establish an efficient, centrally-managed enterprise.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost proj ections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
* This position is required to travel up to 25% of the time to overseas sites.