NATO ITM Sr Principal Network Engineer
The purpose of this program is to transform the way IT services are provided to the customer by implementing a sustainable, efficient, and modern infrastructure. This team will Implement IaaS including IT infrastructure implementation and Integration, Application and data migration, Enterprise Service Management and Control tools and equipment to include establishment of Service Operations Centre(s), and implementation of client provisioning services including virtual desktops, client installations, and print/scan solutions. The work involves the buildout of three data centers and the modernization of 41 additional sites to establish an efficient, centrally-managed enterprise.
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting , and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* Master Degree preferred.
* 10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
* This position is required to travel up to 25% of the time to overseas sites.