NATO ITM Reliability Engineer
This position supports the delivery of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) services by under the NATO ITM contract. The technical services shall include support in the drafting and delivery of the following components and plans: Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Testability (RAMT) and Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) planning and analyses (Support Case). Services may also include ongoing support from the candidate, as required for design changes/updates to architecture.
1. Develop and maintain a Support Case in which all logistics support activities, including RAMT activities will be documented, as required under the contract.
2. Develop and maintain a Reliability Block Diagram (RBD) of the entire system, relating all items (i.e. hardware down to LRU level and all software modules) based on failure dependencies, and explaining how the reliability of each item contributes to the success or failure of the entire s ystem (MTBF and MTTR).
3. Perform a Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) in accordance with MIL-STD-1629A, or equivalent.
4. Develop and maintain a list of operation tasks, SMC tasks, corrective maintenance tasks and preventive maintenance tasks, to be used as a starting point for the Task Analysis.
5. Produce a completed Recommended Items List (RIL) from the analysis.
6. Ensure that the RAMT demonstrations and RAMT tests are developed and incorporated into the Test and Acceptance Plan (TAP).
7. Provide rationale and justifications for all data and formulas used in any of the calculations and models.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
8. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
9. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
10. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
11. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
12. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
13. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
14. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
15. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
16. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
17. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
18. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
19. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
20. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* Masters Degree preferred.
* Experience with RAMT Analysis and Prediction.
* Experience with FMECA analysis.
* Experience with RAMT Evaluation using PTC Windchill or the Reliasoft tool to develop and analyze RBDs, Failure modes and Tasks
* 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
* Foreign travel is required up to 20%. Candidate must hold an active passport.