Sr Engineer, Software
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect so ftware systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 5-8 years of related software development experience- C# or ASP.Net
* Secret level clearance required.
* Must meet IAT Level II certification requirements of Security+ CE, GSEC, CCNA-Security or SSCP certification within 3 months of start.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (desired):
2. Good skills in: Team Foundation Server Windows Workflow Services ReST (Representational State Tranfer) SQL Server 2008 R2 Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
3. Knowledge in: SharePoint 2010 Windows Presentation Foundation SQL Reporting Services
4. Comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in computer programming.
5. Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.