Director of IT
The Director of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of IT functions for the Society. The Director of IT reports to the Executive Director and manages direct reports.
Manage IT Needs for the Society & Headquarters
Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs and recommend technical solutions.
Direct all programming needs of the Society. Demonstrate success in managing requirements, by serving as a liaison between software development and project owners, and ensure that end-user needs are met.
Database & SQL Server Management
Configure and administer iMIS application. Responsible for dues and subscription billing, IQA and business object development. Responsible for data integrity and integration with third-party application. Write and implement Crystal Reports.
Manage Microsoft SQL server. Responsible for database maintenance, development of store procedures and views and upgrades and patches. Perform data mining of database information to help understand trends and make recommendations where needed.
Maintain backend administration of databases. This includes iMIS, Abstracts, Solomon and NetConsole.
Staff Management & Training
Manage IT department and staff; Direct and prioritize the workload of subordinate personnel.
Develop department budget and review of financial statement and invoices.
Train ASCB staff on the use of computers, software, printers and other office equipment. Review staff procedures and implement alternative methods to improve accuracy and performance.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- 8+ years’ experience in IT and database management.
- 6+ years administering AMS (iMIS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Technologies, including Exchange 365, Active Directory, DNS.
- 6+ years using MS SQL Server 2008 or higher. Experience writing views and stored procedures.
- 4+ years’ experience in writing Crystal Reports or SSRS.
- Understanding of programming logic and project management.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experience as a DBA or application developer.
- The ideal candidate must be organized, detail-oriented. This candidate should be an effective and articulate communicator, able to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients, and should have a passion for getting things done, with an interest in continual process improvement.
- Minimal travel is expected.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org