DS&MG Property and Development Services
Division: Transportation Demand Management for Site Plans
Position: Planning Coordinator
The Destination Sales and Marketing Group (DS&MG) is a mobility management company based in Arlington, VA. DS&MG has lead the way in the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) industry since 1998 and has a solid reputation as a firm that creates innovative programming with measurable results. DS&MG is contracted on a long-term basis with local jurisdictions such as Arlington County Commuter Services (ACCS) to operate and manage Arlington Transportation Partners, BikeArlington, WalkArlington, MobilityLab, TDM for Site Plans, as well as providing brand strategy, TDM, and marketing and communications services for goDCgo, Capital Bikeshare and the DC Circulator for the District Department of Transportation (DDOT).
We offer our clients a comprehensive suite of services to support successful transportation initiatives. We provide our diverse staff of consultants, designers and managers with an innovative and varied working environment; competitive salaries and benefits. Transportation Demand Management for Site Plans is a program that coordinates the design and implementation of large commercial, residential, and mixed-use building projects and ensures that commuter and transit infrastructure requirements and services enhance the mobility of residents, workforces, and visitors. The goal of TDM for Site Plans is to reduce single-occupant vehicle (SOV) trips in Arlington by incorporating important physical infrastructural features and programmatic elements, such as bike parking facilities, traveler information, and transit incentives, into new or renovated development at the time of construction.
DS&MG is seeking a Planning Coordinator to provide database and bookkeeping management, administrative support and initiative to manage a base of 15 clients for the TDM for Site Plans division. This position will report to the DS&MG, Property and Development Services Director collaborating with a team of 6 people. The individual will spend approximately 40% of the time managing invoices, tracking payments, projecting revenue streams, and managing the ordering and coordination of specific site plan requirements such as transit fare and transportation displays. An additional 30% of the time will be spent conducting historical research on site plan projects, reviewing site plan language, and ensuring data is current and updated across the Property and Development Services program. 30% of the time will also be spent managing a small portfolio site plan assignments and working with developers and property managers to ensure compliance with minor site plan conditions.
A strong candidate will have a keen attention to detail while managing deadlines for payments and requests while collaborating in a team environment. Must be comfortable with contacting property managers and developers via meetings, phone calls and email.
• Manage invoicing, tracking, and projecting revenue streams
• Provide support to site plan projects with ordering and coordinating transactions for specific site plan elements such as transit fare and transportation displays
• Conduct historical research on site plan projects; ensure data quality across multiple databases and platforms within the Property and Development Services program
• Manage approximately 15 active site plan assignments on an annual basis
• Evaluate, document, and report on the implementation of TDM programs, bicycle parking requirements at both site plan and special use permit developments
• Educate property managers on the purpose of TDM and their obligations under conditions of development
• Maintain and improve electronic and hard copy tracking systems and databases
• Coordinate bookkeeping management with DS&MG’s Finance Director and internal Arlington County finance staff
• Work with the team to identify opportunities for improvement, streamlining and collaboration within the site plan process and overall Property and Development Services program
• Conduct on-site interviews with building managers
• Conduct inspections of physical infrastructure at operating sites (bicycle parking, showers and lockers, transportation information displays, certain kinds of signage, etc.)
• Document observations on compliance with conditions of development
• Keep current with industry issues by participating in trainings, webinars & industry conferences
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-4 years’ experience in real estate development, urban planning, public policy or related fields in an office environment ideal
• Proficient in Quickbooks
• Organized self-starter, ability to move multiple projects forward
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for diverse contexts and audiences
• Local government work experience or customer service work experience
• Proficiency in MS Office and database management
• Experience or demonstrated interest in transportation, behavior change, and sustainability.
Please click apply to submit resume with cover letter. No phone calls please. Salary range is $45,000 to $50,000, depending on experience. Benefits, compressed work schedule and 401K offered. This position is available immediately. Submittals will be accepted until March 31, 2017.