Mission First Housing Development Corporation (MFHDC), a member of Mission First Housing Group is a Washington, DC - based non-profit developer of affordable housing and other real estate projects.
MFHDC is seeking a Development Project Manager. The Development Project Manager will be a creative and conscientious team player with the ability to multi-task. He/she will manage real estate project execution, including predevelopment, financing and construction of affordable housing properties within MFHDC, working closely with public and private lenders, partners and consultants.
The Development Project Manager prepares feasibility analyses, financial projections and applications, identifies and coordinates the work of the project team, including design, construction, legal and financing components, and oversees project construction and turnover, interfaces and assists property management as needed during operations.
Project Feasibility and Predevelopment
- Coordinate affordable housing predevelopment process from feasibility through design and permitting.
- Engage and coordinate the work of the project team, including architect, civil engineer, attorney, environmental consultants, general contractor, etc.
- Complete financial and feasibility analyses for proposed development scenarios.
- Leverage financial, political and community support for projects. Work with neighborhood groups and public partners to secure regulatory approvals.
- Prepare periodic reports for board members regarding pipeline and active projects.
Financing & Construction
- Respond to RFPs, prepare applications for project funding, including pre-development, construction and permanent financing, and submit related applications and documentation as required by public and private lenders.
- Oversee financing, from application to closing, including due diligence checklists and document coordination.
- Oversee and coordinate team through construction, monitor the schedule, cost and quality of work.
- Assist with preparation of construction draw requests as needed and submit status reports to
funders as required. Prepare closeout reports for property management and asset management.
- Monitor and assist property management through lease-up.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to successfully coordinate a multi-faceted project. Demonstrated ability to manage detailed
task lists and to meet budgets and deadlines.
- Superior proficiency in computer software, including Outlook 365, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Capacity to effectively manage the development team, including legal, finance, design and
construction. Prior experience in any of these fields a plus.
- Team player that can interact productively and positively with other members, but also able to work independently.
- Eager to learn new skills and master complex development assignments. Strong organizational
skills, self-starting and self-directed work habits. Detail-oriented.
- Prefer experience with federal, state and local housing programs and funding sources, including
the low-income housing tax credit and tax-exempt bond financing.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including ability to make presentations to residents and neighborhood associations.
Education and Experience Requirement
- Minimum 3-7 years of real estate development experience, preferably with some experience with affordable housing. Skills in preparing and analyzing financial models and working with complex Excel spreadsheets
- Degree in planning, finance, business, law or related field preferred.
- Medical insurance, Dental insurance (Company Paid), 403B (Company Paid), Life, Short and long term disability (Company Paid), Paid Time Off
MFHDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on MFHDC, please visit our website at www.missionfirsthdc.org