The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to general clerical, reception and project based work. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through in-person and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Opens and closes the Management Office and kitchen facility daily.
- Receives payments and issues receipts.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Helps maintain a professional, orderly appearance in the Management Office.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail; coordinates employee mailboxes.
- Processes outgoing mail, including weekly FedEx for two communities.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Operates computer terminal to input and retrieve data.
- Maintains office machines such as copier, fax and postage machines.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other administrative duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Assists Regional Director with maintaining time-off forms, setting up meetings, registering staff for conferences, and other administrative tasks.
- Places catering orders for events.
- Maintains staff bulletin board and status board.
- Controls Outlook calendar for Management Staff.
- Maintains calendar for Student/Manager/Maintenance on Duty staff.
- Maintains phone list, staff list, and organizational chart.
- Submits room reservation requests made by both sites to the Resident Life’s Office.
- Maintains the kitchen with a weekly dishwasher cleaning and a bi-weekly refrigerator cleaning.
- Organizes and inventories storage closets.
- Other duties as assigned.