Sr Administrator, Systems
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Installs and configures new installations of VMware VSphere to support the Datacenter.
- Installs or applies all software updates and security updates on ESXi Servers.
- Configures and maintain all security and configuration requirements of the ESXi servers and VCenter servers.
- Adds and configures new storage required for the VMware guests to the VSphere environment.
- Creates a template systems used to deploy new guest systems, ensure that these templates comply with Datacenter and Security standards.
- Creates and maintains the virtual distributed switches used in the VSphere platform.
- Creates and maintains the storage clustering used in the VSphere platform
- Allocates new storage to guest systems upon proper request.
- Troubleshoot and gain support for issues relating to ESXi or VCenter from VMware
- Resolves Remedy Ticket issues within required SLA for the VSphere platform.
- Creates and maintains permission structure giving least privileges required to perform job duties.