Veterinarian Technician III - Non-Human Primates
Summary: This position supports the General Dynamics Information Technology program commitment of Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, Texas. We are seeking an experienced Veterinarian Technician who has surgical experience in Sheep, monkeys, pigs, rabbits, mice and rats.
- Conduct and support surgical procedure, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, appropriate animal housing, record keeping, insuring specific pathogen free techniques
- Daily handling and restraint of various small and large animal species.
- Maintain traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, quality assurance procedures and record keeping
- Conduct daily and weekly inspections or areas of contractor responsibility to ensure compliance with standards
- Assist in preparation of purchase requests for animal procurement and coordination of shipping procedures
- Assist in preparation of purchase requests and assist with maintenance of inventory of supplies
- Coordinate animal research work activities between contractor Research Scientist, animal care staff, and research laboratory technicians
- Oversee the work of junior level contract personnel
- Set up, operate, modify and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus
- Provide additional functionality incidental to research activities
- Associates Degree in a scientific or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 3-5 years of related scientific experience.