Urban Teachers DC- Summer Internship
1 day left
- Full Time
About Urban Teachers
The mission of Urban Teachers is to prepare highly effective teachers who significantly accelerate student achievement in the nation's highest-need schools. Urban Teachers accomplishes this by recruiting outstanding candidates, equipping them with state-of-the-art training, and linking their certification to their demonstration of effective teaching practices and skills. Founded in 2009, Urban Teachers is on the cutting edge of urban school reform by virtue of its link between teacher effectiveness and certification eligibility. Our residents and teachers will provide the necessary proof points to make a national case for educator effectiveness and accountability. Urban Teachers has offices in Baltimore, MD, Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. Learn more about Urban Teachers on our website: www.urbanteachers.org.
Qualified individuals who are fully invested in Urban Teacher's mission and vision and who thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented settings are encouraged to apply.
Urban Teachers pays $10 an hour. Start and end dates are negotiable unless otherwise noted below.
- 1. Support for Summer Institute (Placement, Events, and Administrative):
Seeking several individuals with high-level project management and planning experience, the ability to manage multiple projects and to support a fast-paced detail oriented team to support the implementation of Urban Teachers' Summer Institute in DC. The ideal intern will have a "can-do" disposition and the ability to problem-solve. We are seeking to hire individuals to support areas that include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with helping in the process of matching incoming resident teachers with schools in the DC area.
- Work closely with the Operations Coordinator and Resident Experience Coordinator to properly record and analyze data from teacher surveys, school partner surveys, and hiring fairs.
- Assist in correspondences with school partners to ensure that teachers are properly matched with ideal host teachers and schools.
- Prior knowledge of Salesforce and experience with Human Resources is a plus.
- Assist with coordinating events during Summer Institute that include Move-In Day, Orientation, Hiring Fairs, Closing Ceremonies, and Move-Out Day.
- Work closely with the Operations Coordinator and Resident Experience Coordinator to ensure locations, coordination, and personnel are properly planned and executed.
- Assist in assuring that all events run smoothly and that participants are satisfied with their experience.
- Prior experience working in a customer service related role and planning, coordinating, and assisting events for 75+ people is preferred.
- Assist with the day-to-day coordination and support necessary for the DC Summer Institute.
- Work closely with the Operations Coordinator and Resident Experience Coordinator to ensure that teachers, residents, and DC team members have the tools they need to succeed this summer.
- Assist in correspondences with host university staff members, the proper management of residential and classroom facilities, and the quality assurance of staff, classroom, and residential experiences.
- Prior experience working in a summer school and/or summer camp setting is a plus.
Preferred skill set:
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in college or graduate school or be a college graduate.
- Prior experience in other internships is preferred.
- Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal), the ability to develop deep relationships and connect with others, and work collaborative with Urban Teachers' staff throughout the country.
- Applicants must have strong organizational, project management and computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office suite.
- Applicants much be able to set and work towards ambitious goals, problem solve and perform basic data analysis.
- Applicants must be reflective, able to make course corrections based on evidence, able to grow and improve and contribute to the learning of the entire team.
- Applicants must be highly driven individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Valid driver's license is a plus.
Urban Teachers does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or national and ethnic origin in hiring and employment, nor in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other programs.