Digital Marketing - Global Communications and Media Relations Volunteer Intership
CFR's volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The Global Communications and Media Relations department focuses on maximizing the presence of CFR in print, broadcast, and online media outlets and on promoting CFR's roster of products, which includes on-the-record events, CFR books, Council Special Reports, Task Force reports, working papers, online publications and interactive features, and Foreign Affairs articles. The department also works to ensure that CFR experts are visible in the news media.
The volunteer duties of the intern will include:
- Assisting with the drafting of social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google AdWords
- Tracking, analyzing, and evaluating CFR's social media accounts
- Analyzing social media and digital marketing campaign metrics to determine effectiveness of strategy and technique
- Helping to target audiences as well as identify potential digital outlets for CFR content
- Tracking, analyzing, and evaluating CFR's Google AdWords accounts
- Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Communications, Marketing, or International Relations
- Previous internship experience in communications, digital marketing, advertising, or other think tank organizations preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, social media, Google Analytics, and Facebook insights
- Ability to multitask and work well collectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid and are filled on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].