CFR Editorial & Creative Innovations Volunteer Internship
CFR's volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The Council's outreach initiative aims to engage an interested and influential group of Americans from around the country and the world by providing ideas and timely, clear, and accurate information on key international issues.[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]], America's foremost Internet resource for foreign policy and national security analysis, is one of the primary tools for doing so.
The volunteer duties of the intern will include:
- Participation in the day-to-day operations of an online news and analysis website.
- Providing support in editing and production of pieces for the website, including research and photo selections
- Assist with transcribing interviews
- Assisting with metrics analysis and social media tracking
- Provide support for content dissemination
- Track upcoming news and update the editonal calendar
- Assisting with research for publications, a weekly podcast, and interactive multimedia projects
- Undergraduate or graduate student focusing on Journalism, Communications, International Relations, or Political Science
- Previous journalism, web, and multimedia experience; familiarity with online research, and ability to transcribe interviews quickly
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with web publishing, HTML, or photoshop skills a plus
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid and are filled on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].