Summer 2017 Communications and Development Internship
Child Steps International (CSI) is committed to solving some of the world's biggest problems faced by its most vulnerable citizens, children and youths. We accomplish this through partnerships that engage local and international stakeholders, working collaboratively for lasting solutions.
Our mission is to improve the lives of children and their families who have been affected by war, poverty, and discrimination. We accomplish this by assisting communities in the development and strengthening of innovative, progressive and effective services, which protect children's rights and give families the opportunity to be prosperous, healthy and safe in the place they call home. For more information on our our programs, please visit http://www.childstepsinternational.org/.
CSI is now accepting applications for Summer 2017 Internships. There are currently 2 openings in our Communications and Development sector. The internships will be a 3 month committment based in Washington, DC. If a candidate has an exceptional record of independent work, remote telework can be considered.
- Conduct background research on potential donors (individuals, foundations, and corporations)
- Assist in developing and implementing year-end fundraising campaigns
- Assist in drafting donor communications
- Enter and update information in CSI's fundraising database
- Organize materials for fundraising events, meetings, and trips
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodical reports
- Assist in marketing and branding of CSI
- Develop a comprehensive list of media mentions/stories for CSI
- Implement and improve upon current social media strategy
- Update website as needed
- Brainstorm and develop team and individual project ideas
- Working on or have completed a higher degree of education
- Able to commit to at least 20 hours per week for the Summer of 2017
- Demonstrated experience with social media
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work well on individual or team projects
- Flexible and proactive with regard to work assignments
- Display a high command of written and spoken English
- Great attention to detail
- Fluent with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and online communication (as well as comfortable learning new software and systems)