Women and Foreign Policy Volunteer internship
CFR's volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The Council has a volunteer internship available in the Women and Foreign Policy program. The volunteer intern will learn about the cross-cutting role of gender in foreign policy, public health, economic growth, and international development.
The volunteer duties of the intern will include:
- Assisting with researching, editing, and occasionally drafting blog posts for the the Women Around the World channel
- Conducting basic research as background information for fellows, for media requests, and in preparation for roundtable meetings and events
- Following and preparing summaries of news of relevant issues and regions
- Assisting with coordination of events including arranging mailings, helping to prepare background papers and materials for distribution, and providing other support as needed
- Attending general Council meetings and other programs on foreign policy issues, as time permits
- Undergraduate or graduate student with an educational concentration in Political Science, International Relations, International Development, Public Policy, Women's Studies, or a related field
- Proven interest in and understanding of women's role in and relationship to U.S. foreign policy interests.
- Experience working in an office environment
- Strong writing, editing, and research skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and strong online research ability
CFR internships are unpaid and are filled on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].