Meetings Program Volunteer Internship
2 days left
- Full Time
The intern would develop professionally while working in a dynamic team-oriented environment. He or she would gain experience assisting in the coordination of events, improve familiarity with a wide range of foreign policy topics and experts, and have the opportunity to observe high-level dialogue on contemporary foreign policy issues.
The volunteer duties of the intern will include:
- Assisting with all facets of meeting organization, including drafting invitation and confirmation letters, compiling biographies, and making follow-up calls to member participants.
- Providing Washington Meetings staff with support during event preparation.
- Staffing events: registering guests, ushering, and handling microphones.
- Under the direction of Washington Meetings staff, conducting research on current topics in U.S. foreign policy to help shape upcoming programs.
- Assisting with document editing, compiling statistics, and database entry.
- Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in International Affairs, Political Science, or related field
- Relevant work or internship experience in organizing events and VIP relations preferred
- Extremely detail-oriented, high level of professionalism
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and Microsoft Office skills
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid and are filled on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].