Geoeconomics Studies Volunteer Internship
7 days left
- Full Time
CFR's volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The volunteer duties of the intern will include:
- Research topics related to U.S. competitiveness, trade, immigration, and other themes under CFR's Renewing America initiative
- Research topics related to sovereign debt crises and debt restructuring, financial sanctions, and macroeconomic policy both domestically and internationally.
- Undergraduate or recent graduate with a concentration in International Relations, Economics, or Political Science. Must have completed coursework in economics
- Previous relevant internship or research experience
- Must be comfortable with researching and working with economic data, have a familiarity with domestic economic issues, and strong writing skills
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media outlets
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid and are filled on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].