Corporate Affairs Volunteer Internship
3 days left
- Full Time
CFR's volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The Corporate Program, the Council's primary point of contact with the private sector, enlists the business community's participation in and support of the Council's activities, where executives from corporate member companies have the opportunity to interact with and gain insights from leading thinkers and practitioners in government, policy, academia, and business. Corporate members include more than 160 U.S. and non-U.S. firms representing a wide range of business sectors, including financial services, law, manufacturing, consulting, technology, media, and others.
By providing support for the Corporate Program, the volunteer intern will gain exposure to leading global companies and economic and political issues affecting international business while building important business skills.
The volunteer duties of the intern will include:
- Preparing for member outreach and correspondence by drafting background briefs, summarizing company interests, and drawing connections to current CFR research, and researching bios on executives
- Monitor member company news and announcements to help corporate member relations team identify upgrade opportunities and at-risk memberships
- Researching multinational companies that are current members or may be interested in joining the Corporate Program
- Participating in the administration of conferences and meetings, including making follow-up phone calls to invitees and staffing events
- Other departmental support as needed
- Undergraduate student (preferred) with a concentration in business or international relations.
- Experience in a corporate environment preferred; prior professional and research experience required
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior telephone etiquette
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid and are filled on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].