Center for Preventive Action Volunteer Internship
CFR's volunteer internships give selected volunteer interns the opportunity to receive training in the area of foreign policy; as well as skills training in areas such as writing, research, and program planning.
The Center for Preventive Action's mission is to help prevent, defuse, or resolve deadly conflicts around the world and to expand the body of knowledge on conflict prevention. Information about CPA can be found at: http:www.cfr.org/thinktank/cpa.
The volunteer duties of the intern will include:
- Conduct foreign policy research as requested on topics related to CPA's mission
- Attend and take notes at various foreign policy discussions at CFR and other institutions to learn more about various foreign policy topics
- Support general CPA activities (helping with roundtable meeting logistics, publications, social media)
- Update CPA's Global Conflict Tracker interactive: http://www.cfr.org/globalconflicttracker
- Undergraduate (seniors or recent grads preferred) or graduate student with background in International Relations, International Security, Peace and Conflict Studies, or related field
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills on subjects related to CPA research area
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and social media familiarity
- Ability to work independently and consistently produce high-quality work
CFR volunteer internships are unpaid and are filled on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website,[[http:CFR.org|CFR.org]].