Financial Administrator, BGRO Clinical & Center Services Administration - Georgetown University Med
Financial Administrator, BGRO Clinical & Center Services Administration - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown's Biomedical Graduate Research Organization (BGRO), home to 53 percent of the University's sponsored research funding and led by Robert Clarke, Ph.D., Sc.D., was created to foster cutting-edge interdisciplinary collaboration and to enhance Georgetown University Medical Center's basic science and translational research capacity, especially in the areas of neurosciences, child health and human development, cardiovascular-kidney diseases, infectious diseases and in collaborative work with researchers and clinicians from Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center. In addition to promoting this lifesaving research, BGRO's focus on educational and academic excellence in the biomedical sciences is helping to create the next generation of
The Financial Administrator for the BGRO Clinical and Center Services Administration provides financial and administrative support to the Senior Financial Research Administrator (SFRA) in the management of the day-to-day financial operations of the Center's various clinical departments - for example, Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Neurology, fMRI, Neurosurgery, OB/GYN Clinical, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, and Urology. The Financial Administrator ensures that the day-to-day transactional operations of the departments are conducted efficiently and in accordance with University and medical center policy and procedures. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supports daily management of funds in extramural support, which primarily includes commercial entities and a small portion of federal agencies, to include a) ensuring expenditures are within budget limitations; b) ensuring funds are expended according to award specifications; c) projecting future salary and purchasing expenditures; d) ensuring financial status reports are accurate; e) ensuring invoices for subcontracts are accurate before approving for payment; f) ordering equipment and supplies; g) ensuring that all cost centers are in good standing order; and h) supporting revenue collection and internal transfers.
- Provides support to Georgetown University/Georgetown University Hospital-employed faculty and staff in the clinical departments regarding navigation of university policies and procedures, grants submissions, financial planning, expensing, reconciliation, and other accountabilities noted below.
- Supports implementation of new policies, goals and objectives as directed by the SFRA and Director of Finance and Operations, BGRO Clinical and Center Services Administration.
- Prepares reports, assist with special projects, and represent the BGRO on medical center planning and operations meetings.
- Prepares documentation when needed for both sponsored and non-sponsored funds, to include expense vouchers, payroll and non-payroll journal vouchers and cost transfers, budget revisions, cost center maintenance forms, POs, check requests, vendor contracts, travel authorizations, employee reimbursements, honoraria payments, PSAs, ASAs, invoices for services, maintenance agreements, and computer authorization request forms.
- Supports reconciliation of all University-related cost centers as directed by the senior financial research administrator.
- Manages the operating funds - to include a) ensuring expenditures are within budget limitations; b) projecting future salary and purchasing expenditures; c) ensuring financial status reports are accurate; d) ensuring invoices are accurate before approving for payment; e) ordering equipment and supplies; f) supports revenue collection and internal transfers.
- Prepares documentation such as expense vouchers, payroll and non-payroll journal vouchers and cost transfers, budget revisions, cost center maintenance forms, purchase orders, check requests, vendor contracts, travel authorizations, employee reimbursements, honoraria payments, invoices for services, maintenance agreements, and computer authorization request forms.
- Supports reconciliation of all University-related cost centers as directed by the Senior Financial Research Administrator.
- Manages capital equipment tracking, space utilization, equipment purchase processes, mobile device inventory, and any other inventory tracking initiatives requested by Medical Center Finance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3 years of business administration and financial accounting experience.
- Excellent knowledge of a university environment, office practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of financial management systems and practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Effective management and problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and work well with members of an academic medical center community and with university officials
- Strong service orientation and commitment to teamwork
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with common office productivity, financial software, and email
- Ability to create and use spreadsheets, databases, and to use enterprise web-based financial, personnel, and calendar systems
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.