Assistant to the Dean, Planning and Operations - McDonough School of Business
6 days left
- Full Time
Assistant to the Dean, Planning and Operations - McDonough School of Business,
Located at the intersection of business, government, and international relations, Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business develops principled leaders committed to serving both business and society. Through our global perspective, we prepare students to compete in today's international business environment.
The Assistant to the Dean manages a portfolio of programs of institutional importance to the school, administers an effective functioning department's fiscal and administrative operations, and provides high-level administrative support to the Dean. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages assigned projects; develops work plans; oversees project phases to ensure effective and efficient workflow.
- Plans, publicizes, and directs special events and public relations activities; provides assistance, evaluates effectiveness of activities; and collaborates with other units and staff to implement events.
- Leads arrangements for, and provides support to, assigned advisory boards and executive committees.
- Assists in implementing and monitoring strategic plan for Dean's Office.
- Manages the Dean's calendar and contact database to schedule meetings.
- Manages all travel arrangements for the Dean and Chief of Staff (for example, airline, car service, rental car, and hotel).
- Performs complex and confidential administrative duties and responsibilities.
- Resolves inquiries and ensures compliance with policies and procedures, and recommends changes to policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains direct working relationships with senior University officials, trustees, donors, alumni, and external clientele.
- Authors, develops, and analyzes data for a variety of reports, grants, contracts, and programs; and monitors their production.
- Directs the preparation of various publications, and composes and edits correspondence, reports, publications, speeches, and written/oral presentations.
Operations and Budget Management
- Develops and maintains office management procedures.
- Oversees search, hiring, and training for Dean's Office staff jobs.
- Designs and manages educational assignments for staff, reviewing budgetary information, maintaining responsibility for budget expenditures, approving financial transactions, interpreting financial data, monitoring expense reports, and performing cost-benefit analysis on internal programs.
- As needed, serves as facilities director - plans, prioritizes, directs, and identifies funding for renovations and technology needs; solves problems and approves completed work; ensures compliance with University safety policies and procedures; and acts as emergency contact for the unit.
- Analyzes and summarizes research data for budgets, reports, proposals, graphs, and charts for internal/ external distribution.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 - 7 years of experience as a project/operations manager or in an executive support function or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Enthusiasm, energy, and strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- High level of professionalism and discretion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software, database management, social media, and e-mail
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.