Multimedia Communications Specialist II
Multimedia Communications Specialist II
$28.16 - $38.09 per hour
Online applications must be received by Friday, March 24, 2017.
Montgomery College, Rockville has need for a full-time, Multimedia Communications Specialist II
, S03615, in the Office of Human Resources/Strategic Talent Management. The normal work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm.
The Multimedia Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring collegewide Human Resources (HR) communication and outreach efforts. The work is characterized as multimedia communications intended to educate and engage College employees through an array of communication means such as websites, digital, print and online publications, tutorials, videos and social media. Contacts and interactions vary and may involve multiple constituencies such as direct interaction with administrators, colleagues, managers, directors, and representatives of peer institutions and other external organizations for the purpose of gathering and exchanging information, and to facilitate work processes.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist leadership in the development and execution of comprehensive HR communications and outreach plans that include strategic and operational objectives and targeted outcomes; monitor, track, and report on progress.
- Collaborate with HR functional teams assisting in the development and support of their communication strategies and coordinate the design, development and production of reports.
- Provide technical expertise and support, by using a variety of platforms, to leaders and functional teams in developing communications that align with the message and the target audience.
- Create new content through a variety of strategies and update existing content for websites, blogs, and social media platforms adhering to department and College standards.
- Provide copyediting and proofreading of all HR communication projects
- Build and maintain a website and serve as a webmaster overseeing and coordinating all design and content changes.
- Maintain accurate content, visually appealing design, and fully functional links.
- Assist with planning, filming, and editing of short videos for use on the website and social media platforms.
- Design and populate digital forms, templates, and other online tools.
- Provide desktop publishing, graphics, and web support for external HR communications.
- Bachelors degree in communications, public relations, web/multimedia design, or other related field.
- Three years of experience writing, editing and proofreading content.
- Two years of experience serving as a web designer or webmaster and working with an array of social media platforms.
- Training with web content management systems and using Adobe Creative Suite and/or other graphics and video design software.
- Thorough knowledge of the English language including usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, conventional styles and formats; of online copy writing; of multimedia communications; of research and development.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency using web content management systems; of video editing software; of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Skill in verbal and written communications including interpersonal relations, organization, and attending to details.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, work independently and with others.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and confidentiality, be creative, research, problem solve, and follow style guidelines.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Some HR experience
- Experience in establishing or starting up a communications function or team.
- Online applications must be received by Friday, March 24, 2017.
- To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
at least two weeks
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.