Sr Principal Engineer, Systems with Polygraph
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/ output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
* 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
To maintain the integrity of all IT equipment, network and applications. Located in Charlottesville VA.
* Fulfill onsite IT maintenance and oversight requirements.
* Serve as custodian for ODNI.
* Perform regular tests of all IT equipment to verify that it is operable and ready for use with minimal notice
* Maintain communications equipment to ensure functionality Conduct testing
* Maintain and regularly update desk reference books
* Maintain inventory of all ODNI property.
* Serve as liaison with site staff to facilitate planned use of the site, facility, IT, or other preparedness upgrades, and plan joint efforts for continuity activation, reception, operations, and resolution.
* Conduct site activation and set up functions as necessary
* Serve as liaison with local community to understand state/local emergency plans and their impact
* Identify gaps in site capabilities to meet continuity program requirements and develop and report corrective actions for consideration
* Provide weekly reports to customer on status and ongoing projects
* Provide onsite IT support to personnel for ODNI
* Maintain inventory and accountability of fobs and conduct testing as required
* Maintain a database which will provide metrics on IT/comms system availability (e.g., document down time and reason for loss of capability).
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.