Systems Engineer (Linux & AWS)- Polygraph
4 days left
- Full Time
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines syste m specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
* Expertise at configuring AWS/C2S Cloud environments following best practices.
* Assemble and integrate cloud operating platforms using open source & partner tools.
* Integrate infrastructure builds with continuous code deployment processes.
* Build automated deployments using configuration management playbooks and recipes.
* Ensure the performance, reliability, security and ease of maintenance for deployments.
* Measure success through the hand-over and successful adoption of solutions.
* Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the DevOps industry.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
* Experience working in a Linux environment
* Experience with Amazon Web Services
* Implementing build pipelines with Git commit hooks (Code Commit/Code Deloy), Jenkins plug-ins, configuration management and AMI builders.
* Using configuration management with tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
* Creating automation scripts with Python, bash (Cloud Formation, Cloud Init)
* Linux OS and package management.
* RDS and NoSQL storage (DynamoDB).
* Experience building and running Docker containers is a plus.
* AWS Developer, SysOps or DevOps Certification is a plus.
* 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.