Development Coordinator for the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, Smith School of Business
The Development Coordinator position provides high-level program support for the Development team at the Robert H. Smith School of Business. This position will leverage the fundraising efforts of the entire front-line fundraising team including major gifts and annual giving. The development coordinator performs many of the internal functions necessary to help advance these programs. The coordinator must be a self-starter and have a keen sense of the mission of the Smith School with the ability to triage and to respond to issues and opportunities as they arise. This position requires frequent contact with prospects, donors, external constituents, and staff in order to coordinate fundraising and donor relations efforts, and to facilitate communications with internal and external constituents. The coordinator will also provide support for the work of other staff within the department. Must be able to work evenings or weekends as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of three years of administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• High degree of attention to detail.
• Able to gather and analyze data, write reports, and suggest recommendations to translate the data into fundraising metrics.
• Collaborative and able to interact effectively with both external and internal audiences and capable of building strong work relationships in a complex environment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment, prioritize tasks, think proactively, and work independently, using good judgment and experience to make decisions.
• Ability to utilize software to create and present documents, charts, graphs and spreadsheets.
• The successful candidate will need to think independently, contribute as a problem solver, handle complex tasks while maintaining deadlines, be well organized and multitask, communicate clearly, have proficiency with various software packages (Microsoft Office) and database systems.
• Must be able to work evenings or weekends as necessary.